There are several things you can do to keep Dorothy’s mission moving forward
First, donations are always appreciated to
c/o The Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, Ohio Province
701 East Columbia Avenue
Cincinnati OH 45215-3999
Many gifts to this fund have helped Sisters in Anapu
- buy a truck and a car
- provide medical supplies
- pay tuition for gifted agricultural students to return and teach others best practices for farming in the Amazon region
- And, answer many other small and large needs of their people
Resources for Volunteering
Remember Dorothy’s mission of caring for the poor, providing education and hope in the struggle. See these websites for volunteering opportunities:
- www.Americorps.gov. AmeriCorps is a U.S. federal government program that was created under President Bill Clinton by the National and Community Service Trust Act of 1993 and later expanded by 50 percent under PresidentGeorge W. Bush. The work done by these groups ranges from public educationto environmental clean-up.
- Sisters of Notre Dame around the US administer seventeen public-private grant programs throughout the U.S. See the locations at www.ndmva.org
- Many faiths sponsor volunteer opportunities. Use a search engine to find one that matches your interest and availability.
With any volunteer work to aid and educate the poor you are doing Dorothy’s work.
Resources for Environmental Issues and Actions
Below are some environmental organizations to work for and learn from. Some of these have local or State organizations. Some also have suggestions for volunteering as well as career information for those interested in working for the preservation of rainforests and to clean up our beleaguered world. Click on the web addresses to go to
- Center of Concern: www.COC.org
- Conservation International: www.conservation.org
- Defenders of Wildlife: www.defenders.org
- Earth Justice: www.earthjustice.org
- Environmental Defense Fund: www.edf.org
- Greenpeace: www.greenpeace.org
- Nature Conservancy: www.nature.org
- Sierra Club: www.sierraclub.org
- Union of Concerned Scientists: www.ucsusa.org
- World Wildlife Fund: www.worldwildlife.org/climate
You may want to join a local chapter of one of these organizations who work for the environment.